- Individual -I offer a 1.5 hour/week, 5 week series on the basics of mindfulness. These classes can be done in person at your home, at an agreed upon place that is conducive to at least 20 minutes of sitting meditation (ie. a park or nature setting) or on the phone/Skype (perfect for long distance clients). The series includes instruction on different types of mindfulness such as mindfulness of breath, body, emotions, personal interactions and more. There is also time for concrete practice which increases weekly. At the end of the series you will have the skills to embark on a consistent mindfulness practice and deal with common pitfalls. –
- Group – Mindful Life Guide -Current Group Classes will post information and fees regarding group classes taught at local sites.
- Schools and educational institutions – A packages can include a series (anywhere from 10-18) of mindfulness lessons geared toward your grade and class, an introductory presentation, staff training, teacher support meetings, a bell, and student workbooks. Note: A combination of Mindful Schools Curriculum and original material are customized to meet the needs of the classroom.
Support and Coaching -I offer help with staying motivated. A mindfulness practice is a lot like an exercise plan in that it’s sometimes hard to motivate yourself. And like exercise, it’s sometimes helps to have a partner. I recommend finding a group in your area. But short of that, this is a good way to stay committed to your personal practice.
- Option 1 (mini class plus support) – This is a good option to quickly grasp the concept and dive in. After a prerequisite one hour introductory mindfulness class. I offer weekly or bi-weekly (You choose depending on how much support you feel you need) 1/2 hour sessions which include 15-20 minutes of mindfulness and a “check-in” regarding your practice. These sessions I prefer to do via Skype or telephone.
- Option 2 – This option goes a little deeper as there is more instruction about the concept. Understanding more helps you stay motivated. After completing the 5 week series (see above), I offer weekly or bi-weekly (you choose depending on how much support you feel you need) 1/2 hour sessions to include 15-20 minutes of mindfulness and a “check-in” regarding your practice. These sessions I prefer to do via Skype or telephone.
Community resources – Mindful Life Guide will post helpful and pertinent articles, events, sits, classes, retreats, etc. for sustaining your mindfulness practice. Free.
TBA -Currently looking for a location to offer a sitting groups in the San Francisco Bay area. Stay tuned.